Overview Cook Properties Join us and become part of the Cook Family. We are hiring for a Regional Property Manager.
Cook Properties is a family owned and operated real estate management and development company. We own and manage 200,000+ square feet of commercial, retail, office space, 2000 self-storage units, and 39 parks with 4000 homes.
Responsibilities As a Regional Property Manager, you will:
1. Oversee the leasing, sales, resident relationships, maintenance, and expenses of several mobile home communities.
2. Understand and carry out all community policies in managing the properties, corresponding with the owners, and supporting the residents.
3. Respond regarding all actions that involve or influence properties managed in an appropriate manner.
4. Remain accountable to the owners, the governing agencies and state.
5. Prepare plans and provide for implementation of special administrative projects.
6. Administer home sales, home leases, lot leases and lease renewals.
7. Coordinate with development team for new home infill and lease ups.
8. Organize the operation of properties including; lease signing, invoicing utilities, collections and evictions, coordinate vendors, and resident move outs.
9. Provide support to on-site personnel who have the responsibility for the day-to-day operation of properties.
10. Keep owners advised of significant operational problems and deviations from the plans for properties in a timely manner.
11. Oversee collection of income and the management of expenses including Resident receivables and site reports so as to produce the maximum economic benefit for properties.
12. Inspect properties including site files, interior/ exterior of buildings, building systems and rentable space.
13. Understand and ensure compliance with Fair Housing and all governing regulations, codes, and laws as well as other state and local authorities.
14. Cooperate with municipal and community agencies.
15. Administer day-to-day implementation of a standard operating procedural manual.
16. Maintain good Resident relations by prompt and complete response to Resident problems.
17. Prepare reports and respond to requests for information in a timely manner.
18. Prepare initial and follow-up correspondence on all matters relating to properties managed.
19. Maintain records in a timely and organized manner.
20. Attend and pass advanced educational courses and seminars as well as participate in local professional related activities.
21. Perform other related duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Cook Properties reserves the right to amend or change these duties. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Qualifications What we seek –
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Driver’s License required
• Rotating weekend on call is required
• 1-3 years experience working in a property management role.
• Strong organization and time-management skills to prioritize tasks and manage timelines.
• Creative and problem-solving skills to invent new ways to accommodate the learning needs and to manage challenges that may occur during training events.
• Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to inspire and engage learners.
• Property Management Software (Rent Manager) and Microsoft Office experience preferred.
What we offer –
• Excellent Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Paid Time off
• Flexible Schedule
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are welcome – join us!