Join us and become part of the Cook Family. We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to help support our growing business.
Cook Properties is a family owned and operated real estate management and development company. We own and manage 200,000+ square feet of commercial, retail, office space, 2000 self-storage units, and 39 parks with 4000 pads.
What you’ll get to do:
As a Maintenance Technician, you will:
● Apply knowledge of building operating systems such as HVAC, security and sprinkler systems, fire alarms, plumbing, heating, electrical and any other related setup to perform maintenance, preventive maintenance and/or repairs.
● Apply proper construction and maintenance techniques and ability to use power and hand tools to perform repairs/ maintenance/renovation.
● Respond to emergency situations under any adverse working conditions, and make informed and accurate decisions.
● Assist contractors in the performance and completion of their work.
● Identify and report unusual or hazardous situations to management to preserve the structural integrity of the building.
● Maintain building interior by painting, cleaning and performing other necessary upkeep duties as scheduled.
● Respond to complaints in a professional manner as appropriate.
● Monitor maintenance/repair related supplies and report needs to management.
● Maintain equipment, supplies and company vehicle in good working order.
● Follow job related safety regulations as prescribed by training guidelines.
● Perform other related duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Cook Properties reserves the right to amend or change these duties. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Qualifications What we seek –
● High School Diploma, preferred
● Interested in working in a Property Management company
● Organization and time-management skills to prioritize tasks and manage timelines.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are welcome – join us!